Honda Goldwing Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
hell evey motorcycle I have ever owened combined and I only come hp with right at 141,000 miles , I got a long way to go.....
More than me mate....keep on truckin. How's that Concours doing? Nearly bought one once and the ole iron butt IRON MAIDEN.

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
More than me mate....keep on truckin. How's that Concours doing? Nearly bought one once and the ole iron butt IRON MAIDEN.
Running great still, got a little over 13K miles on it so far. Gonna put a new tire on it this weekend on the back got just over 11k and it will not make the PA trip. Gonna change the rear wheel bearings while I am in there and if the brakes need it I will order them since I can change those with out removing anything but the caliper:grin2: This thing is easy to work on, I can change the air filter in about 2 min!!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Million Mile Goldwing -

Is the article saying this is an untouched Million Mile 1975 Goldwing ?

Back around 2010, there was a million mile Harley Davidson that was in all the motorcycle magazines. I think it was one of the HD "Glide" models - (Road Glide, Street Glide, Super Glide, Electra Glide, Sport Glide or Slide Glide). Anyway after all the hoopla and publicity dust finally settled, it turned out that although the bike's frame, fenders, gas tank, oil tank, triple tree and handlebars were original (repaired as needed) - the motor and transmission had been completely rebuilt 10 times.

When I rode the big HD's I found that the difference between most of the Glide Models was primarily in the handle bar grips. :)
Man - those big hogs WERE and STILL ARE great long distance road bikes and serious mile eaters but the 6 cylinder 1500 GW won me over way back in 1993.

Has anyone found if the motor/trans on this GW required a rebuild to reach the million mile mark or is this another case of publicity smoke and mirrors ? Look - There Goes Elvis.............

Michael

·
Super Moderator
11,876 Posts
Like a lot of others, I'll be lucky to hit 50,000!

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Is the article saying this is an untouched Million Mile 1975 Goldwing ?

Back around 2010, there was a million mile Harley Davidson that was in all the motorcycle magazines. I think it was one of the HD "Glide" models - (Road Glide, Street Glide, Super Glide, Electra Glide, Sport Glide or Slide Glide). Anyway after all the hoopla and publicity dust finally settled, it turned out that although the bike's frame, fenders, gas tank, oil tank, triple tree and handlebars were original (repaired as needed) - the motor and transmission had been completely rebuilt 10 times.

When I rode the big HD's I found that the difference between most of the Glide Models was primarily in the handle bar grips. :)
Man - those big hogs WERE and STILL ARE great long distance road bikes and serious mile eaters but the 6 cylinder 1500 GW won me over way back in 1993.

Has anyone found if the motor/trans on this GW required a rebuild to reach the million mile mark or is this another case of publicity smoke and mirrors ? Look - There Goes Elvis.............

Michael
On forth engine is what the article I read was saying. Was just replacing them rather than overhauling.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts