Premium Member
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only person to do this , pretty impressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
I don't get it. The speedo pic shows it is ready to roll 100 thousand miles not a million, how does that document anything. Just asking. I think we need more info here.

Reactions: NREMTP

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
10th time around the clock??????

Reactions: WingnutGordo

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't get it. The speedo pic shows it is ready to roll 100 thousand miles not a million, how does that document anything. Just asking. I think we need more info here.

It wouldn't let me share the article , but that was his 10th time around the speedo

Reactions: NREMTP and 823Jim

·
Registered
422 Posts
Impressive. If I added up mileage of every vehicle I'll ever drive it might come close to half of that. That wing has some serious patina. :smile2:

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will try and look it up, Thanks.

If your on Instagram I shared it on the Goldwing page

·
Registered
78 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,797 Posts
That is amazing. I would like to hear what's been done to the Gold Wing over the years.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
A job well done for sure and brings to mind a phrase most of us know.

There are motorcycle riders and there are people who ride motorcycles

·
Premium Member
23,760 Posts
That raises the story to a higher level of credibility than " I read it on the internet ".

Sent from my E6830 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
That raises the story to a higher level of credibility than " I read it on the internet ".

That's why I didn't post until now. ;)

Guess he still could be embolishing by a few odometer rotations though.

Looks like a very straight guy though and a rider for sure.

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Then it must be true

·
Premium Member
11,019 Posts
I am not going to live long enough to even give it a shot. :crying:

·
Super Moderator
14,459 Posts
I am not going to live long enough to even give it a shot. :crying:
Maybe a bunch of us could team up and add them together?

I've had my Wing for almost eight years and will go past 111,111 on the upcoming Pennsylvania adventure. If I was to get to 120,000 before the eight year mark it would take 56 more years to ride to the 1,000,000 mile mark. Of course once I'm retired, Katie bar the door.

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
hell evey motorcycle I have ever owened combined and I only come up with right at 141,000 miles , I got a long way to go.....

·
Registered
6,889 Posts

I've had my Wing for almost eight years and will go past 111,111 on the upcoming Pennsylvania adventure. If I was to get to 120,000 before the eight year mark it would take 56 more years to ride to the 1,000,000 mile mark. Of course once I'm retired, Katie bar the door.
Don't count on it Mark. I have been able to ride only a small fraction of what I was doing before I retired. It seems that life becomes a bit more insistent at getting in the way the older we (and our relatives) get. This is in no way a complaint, but I would say, ride when and where you can when you can.

·
Premium Member
11,019 Posts

If we are talking of miles on the one Goldwing...................we are all in trouble. I have only 60,000 miles on mine. Ron is in trouble because he had bit of a jump start with Bigred 1, with about 230,000 miles. And age is going to get in the way.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts