Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of times the last few weeks I thought I was smelling burning brakes on my 2001 so I would pull over and check, but I never found anything wrong. I just had the recall done and the dealer didn't say anything was wrong. Then the other day when I started the bike I noticed the brakes lights were on, the hand lever wasn't returning to the normal position. I had noticed a few times that it actually felt like it was binding. So I took the lever off and sprayed it with some graphite spray, only thing I had at the time.
WOW what a difference a little lube makes, went ahead and did the clutch lever also. Anybody else have this problem?

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Haven't had this but I will be spraying some WD on my levers. Thanks

·
Premium Member
16,738 Posts
Sometimes it's the simplest things that are a pain in the butt. Good find.

·
Registered
739 Posts
As a shop owner and former driver of a semi I always do my 114 point safety inspection before riding. One of the things I check is lever spring tension and free play. Have had to put a dob of lube on mine before.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess it is like many other things, it is so gradual that it isn't noticed. Shifting action is better now also.

·
Premium Member
24,632 Posts
I'm with GL1800, I do regular inspections just like with my airplane pre-flights. It's a great way to kill a crud weather day too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts