Honda Goldwing Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congratulations! Riding in the DFW area is challenging at best. Driving in the Metroplex is a contact sport. I lived in Fort Worth for about 17 years. Have a great time with it!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Well. It's a good thing it's getting cooler and having a nice windshield because I would have had bugs in my teeth caused by my smile.
Curious, when someone said Level 4 w
Congratulations! Riding in the DFW area is challenging at best. Driving in the Metroplex is a contact sport. I lived in Fort Worth for about 17 years. Have a great time with it
The first thing I learned is how easy it is to speed. Soooo much smoother than my Shadow 750 and both of my Norton cycles of long ago

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
what all is factory equipment gives the level
2nd gen (2012-2017)
1. is the base model..... heated seats, grips, foot warmer
2. adds nav
3 adds abs
4 adds air bags

1st gen 1800 (I think), if I am wrong someone will correct me
1 had nothing
2 added heat
3 added nav
4 added abs

·
Registered
2006 Goldwing - Level 4
3 Posts
I moved from an ST1300 to Goldwing. Wife is way happier on the Wing. Highly recommend getting comfortable with the Wing before adding a pillion. Bike handles great, but the added weight of a passenger is noticeable at very low speeds.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
what all is factory equipment gives the level
2nd gen (2012-2017)
1. is the base model..... heated seats, grips, foot warmer
2. adds nav
3 adds abs
4 adds air bags

1st gen 1800 (I think), if I am wrong someone will correct me
1 had nothing
2 added heat
3 added nav
4 added abs
Thanks, I finally found info on it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I believe you are right about getting to know the bike better. I'm going riding with my Harley buddy tomorrow since its supposed to be above 75.
He was more forgiving about me choosing a Honda again over a Harley. When I told him it had reverse he almost called me a liar. He said THIS I gotta see.

·
Registered
2006 Goldwing - Level 4
3 Posts
I believe you are right about getting to know the bike better. I'm going riding with my Harley buddy tomorrow since its supposed to be above 75.
He was more forgiving about me choosing a Honda again over a Harley. When I told him it had reverse he almost called me a liar. He said THIS I gotta see.
Yes, the reverse is shocking to many of my friends and then are really blown away when they see the navigation and airbag! I finish them off with telling them about the car tire I have on the rear!

·
Super Moderator
14,561 Posts
Well. It's a good thing it's getting cooler and having a nice windshield because I would have had bugs in my teeth caused by my smile.
There you go, no better words can be added. Enjoy the ride.

Reactions: NREMTP

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
As a new GW owner going on three weeks I took my wife for her first Goldwing ride. She loves the ride. We only went for about an hour and a half.
I really need to work on my stops. Sometimes they are a little quick with her on the back causing our helmets to come close to tapping.
Also what sites do most of you all subscribe to? I have found 3 and kinda wondered.
I really appreciate all the help and support I received from silly questions thru the buying process and finally putting my wife aboard.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
for the helmet thing............
can always but a set of rubber baby buggy bumpers on the helmets.... back of yours, front of hers 😁😁😁
you will both get used to it

Reactions: Luv2fish

·
Registered
689 Posts
As a new GW owner going on three weeks I took my wife for her first Goldwing ride. She loves the ride. We only went for about an hour and a half.
I really need to work on my stops. Sometimes they are a little quick with her on the back causing our helmets to come close to tapping.
Also what sites do most of you all subscribe to? I have found 3 and kinda wondered.
I really appreciate all the help and support I received from silly questions thru the buying process and finally putting my wife aboard.
Tell your wife that when you stop to abrupt and your helmets touch that is just a love tap to show her how happy you are to have her with you and you wear the helmets so your love tape don't mar her beauty.👍

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
It's only happened once during our 1 1/2 ride with several stops but she did say how come this happened on this bike but never happened on the 750 in 4 years. All I could say in my defense was ,I guess I need more hours practice. Hmmm so now I have an excuse for riding more.

·
Registered
689 Posts
It's only happened once during our 1 1/2 ride with several stops but she did say how come this happened on this bike but never happened on the 750 in 4 years. All I could say in my defense was ,I guess I need more hours practice. Hmmm so now I have an excuse for riding more.
When we first got our Wing my wife commented on the same thing, we had been riding together since we started dating up until the kids and then after the kids were older and never experienced the helmet tapping thing. What we figured out was that on my other bikes (standards and sport bikes)my wife was more tense just holding on and staying in her seat (took off and left her on the street once) since I have this problem with my right wrist, it likes to twist. When we got the wing and she felt like she was sitting in an easy chair she relaxed and when I would brake without her knowledge her head would move forward. Tapping helmets might be annoying but at least your bride is relaxed. Installing arm tests for your wife may help, it has the effect of giving her somewhere to put her arms now that they are no longer needed to hold on plus it gives her the option of a cupholder on one and a pouch for treats or a book on the other. After awhile my wife would read or sleep on the back during boring rides across the desert or Kansas.😂

Reactions: NREMTP and Luv2fish

·
Registered
29 Posts
Helmet bump at stops & no chatter on the intercom is how I could tell my wife had fallen asleep - she got real comfortable on the Wing and never did like riding on my Nomad

Other than the Goldwing sites - you may want to check out Two Wheeled Texans

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
When we first got our Wing my wife commented on the same thing, we had been riding together since we started dating up until the kids and then after the kids were older and never experienced the helmet tapping thing. What we figured out was that on my other bikes (standards and sport bikes)my wife was more tense just holding on and staying in her seat (took off and left her on the street once) since I have this problem with my right wrist, it likes to twist. When we got the wing and she felt like she was sitting in an easy chair she relaxed and when I would brake without her knowledge her head would move forward. Tapping helmets might be annoying but at least your bride is relaxed. Installing arm tests for your wife may help, it has the effect of giving her somewhere to put her arms now that they are no longer needed to hold on plus it gives her the option of a cupholder on one and a pouch for treats or a book on the other. After awhile my wife would read or sleep on the back during boring rides across the desert or Kansas.😂
We think we add armrest sometime soon
Helmet bump at stops & no chatter on the intercom is how I could tell my wife had fallen asleep - she got real comfortable on the Wing and never did like riding on my Nomad

Other than the Goldwing sites - you may want to check out Two Wheeled Texans
Thanks for the heads up about the site. We are trying to find a friendly social group that likes to ride.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts