Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my 2010 Goldwing about two weeks now and have recently become a regular to the forum. I'd like to share with all of you just how far my stupidity can go....I decided to wash and wax the bike since the Saturday afternoon weather was great...Having finished washing and polishing, my wife suddenly shouted that we were late for a dinner with friends. I told her I'd be in shortly after I would move the bike into the garage. To my astonishment I could not get the wing in neutral!!!! Putting the kick stand up and depressing the clutch..still no start!! After about 15 min and another panic stricken shout from the boss, still no start!!!!! I decided to swallow my pride and call my friend who has owned Goldwings for decades...HELP!!! He soon reminded me that having activated the Reverse(RVS) Switch while drying the bike, ofcourse the thing wouldn't start!!! Pushing that little button made all the difference in the world... I AM learning all the bells and whistles of the wing!!

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Doc, It's all about the stress due to the shout from inside home. The ire of a Pa. woman is nothing to mess with.:eek:

At least that would be my story.;)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Not to worry Bob,it's happened to us all in one form or another.Heck,i started a thread on here a while back cuz my mute button was stuck,and hadn't noticed it in the dash display! (at least mine would run) LOL. Anyway,welcome aboard,enjoy your new ride and the forum. Ken '94SE

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Hemingway defined heroism as " Grace under pressure. " Calling a friend falls under that category in my interpretation. I've been a hero from time to time also.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I have a friend who rode a Cavalcade a few years back. While riding through Ky he yells to me over the CB, "pulling over the bike went dead, no power, pulling over". Three seconds later I hear, "never mind I hit the kill switch". I told him never to play with buttons.... LOL..

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Sounds like me,Don`t beat yourself up to bad, Hang in there

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
If you ever hang your helmet over the right handle bar that will happen also, it hits the reverse button. On the 1500 Gold Wing you had a lever that you had to raise to get it into reverse, no accidentally putting that bike into reverse.

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
I've done the "took me a while to figure out the bike won't start with the kill switch in the wrong position" duh! way too many times.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Haven't done it on the Wing yet but I did drive 52 miles to the lake one day backed the boat down into the water, cranked, cranked, and cranked only to find it wouldn't start. 3rd time out with the new boat. Put it back on the trailer and off to the dealer I went only to find out that I had forgot the tether for the kill switch. I felt like an idiot. Needless to say after a 100 plus mile trip for nothing it hasn't happened again. Live and learn. I always keep a spare in the glove box now.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I've got a bunch of those kind of boat stories. That's why I like the bike so much!

Rookie mistakes on boat.

Dropping anchor on wife's leg.

Telling wife to jump out to tie up at dock. It wouldn't have been so bad if the boat wasn't moving - heck, she only scraped her hands and knees a little.

Not being able to find the running lights in the dark - piloted the boat all the way across the bay and found the running lights while in the marina. That one could have killed us, started laying off the booze after that one.

Walking barefoot on boardwalk; post surgery - I always wear shoes.

I could go on but I'm beginning to feel stupid all over again.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
yup

Been there, done that.:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
That's why I stick to good old terra firma.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts