Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello GW World!

If you Google Matsonian, you'll see all kinds of links including Beer Festivals (I founded the West Coast Brew Fest) and Rock-Crawling Jeeps (over at my company MetalCloak)...

But now, I caught the retro GoldWing bug... I just bought a 1979 GL1000... I guess you call it "naked" when it has no baggage or cowling, right? (Just learning the new nomenclature).

Looking forward to some great riding on the open roads with this cool "retro" beast.

Any and all recommendations for upgrades, modifications and other fun things to do with this ride are welcome.

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF. You are correct "Nude" it is. Try this website you may find something there that interests you. Have Fun & Ride Safe.

http://www.randakks.com/

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania. Where is home for you?? Ride safe and enjoy the forum. Nice folks and good info on here...

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello matsonian, welcome to GWOF. change those timing belts and an electronic ignition

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Down Under. I had to go with a 1984 1200GL because they wouldn't let me go naked. LOL. Eric

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome to the site Matsonian.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Welcome! nomenclature? I had to look it up! You must be a science nerd! Anyway... someone else recommended timing components which is a must on an older bike. You won't be sorry, unless you don't do it and it leaves you stranded!

Have fun with the new ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts