Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sitting in the drs office feeling sory for myself when a guy with no legs rolled in.

Sat in my wheel chair yesterday watching the guy across the street polish his bike. Didnt offer to come over and do mine.

Jeanne and Aunt Marie are continusally telling me what I can't do.

80 deg, sunny and no wind today. All I can do is sit and look.
Thank you Uncle Duane for the ramps you installed when you had your accident.

After my 6-8 weeks in a wheel chair Jeanne said it will be her turn.

For fun I got to go out and re-program the sprinkler system this morning. My garden is doing great. All 3 tomato plants are still alive.

Think Ill go out and wax the Green Wing and talk to it a while.
Later all

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
Hang in there Lonewolf. There is light at the end of the tunnel (and it's not a train). Take your meds, behave and you will be back on the Wing again. Ride safe (even if it's in a wheelchair..)

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Ditto from this end lonewolftx. Spent 23 weeks in a cast back in '96, not a happy camper until I saw what happened to a scaffold worker that took a wrong step. Got one heckuva built in barometer now too.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Lonewolf, hang in there man. You can really put that feeling in perspective - I always consider a good ride one in which everyone arrives home safe. I hope your recovery is swift and complete :)

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I think I looked to sad today. Jeanne took me into Colby for a great steak.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Thanks guys. I think I looked to sad today. Jeanne took me into Colby for a great steak.
Lone, sounds like you need to look sad more often:D:D

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
don't let it get to you lonewolftx, its easy it feel sorry for what you can't do. just go do the things you can and enjoy them. pm sent

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Get ready, you'll be UP soon.

·
Super Moderator
28,442 Posts
Hey wolf, Why don't you take a cruise around the neighborhood in "the chair" & reprogram everybodies sprinklers, or go around early pickup all the newspapers & redeliver them, that should keep your arm strength up or final thought find some kids on skateboards to race.:D

All in fun stay focused, be safe, listen to the Docs (& Miss Jeanne) & you'll be riding soon.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Was this the guy with no legs?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
don't let it get to you lonewolftx, its easy it feel sorry for what you can't do. just go do the things you can and enjoy them. pm sent
How well I know. My Uncle lost his eye sight 35 years ago. Today he still reads, listens to music and enjoys his hobby wood working including making furniture. He has made a buffe. dresser, work bench and a lot of smaller stuff.

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
I just received a P.M. from one of our own . He is not happy with his present condition. Damn it ! I have the Wing I just don't have the time to ride there.

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
this is the first day i've been back on a bike since last friday, felt gooood

1 - 14 of 14 Posts