Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all you people stuck in freezing weather with loads of snow on the ground, I went for a ride yesterday.

It was a little on the refreshingly brisk side of riding conditions but I was on a mission. A friend of mine (Canada Steve) found some beer in Nashville he thought I might be interested in. So I rode up to my old stomping grounds of Gluckstadt (just north of Jackson) to meet him and a couple other buddies at the beer store where we used to hang out together. It was 39 when I left the house and headed north. The roads were mostly dry all the way and the temperature gradually dropped as I rode. Coming into Jackson it did get down to 32 and I sure was missing my heated jacket. (We are building a house and most of our stuff is in storage.) There is a BBQ place two doors over from Barley's Beer Barn so I picked up some lunch and had a pint waiting of my friends. I also brought a couple extra cans of Urban South IPA (brewed in New Orleans) for those present to try. We had a couple pints and exchanged some lies before I had to head home. The temperature finally got up to 40, but not until I was five miles from the house. It was a bit nipply, but still a good day on the bike which I haven't had enough of in the past year. Right around 300 miles.
2021-02-13-Barley_s-Run-01-_2_.jpg 2021 02 13 Barley's Run 02 (2) jpg.jpg 2021 02 13 Barley's Run 03 (2) jpg.jpg What do you think? I think they stole a picture of me. Any lawyers in the house? Maybe we can wrangle some free beer out of this and a trip to Nashville......

·
Premium Member
7,159 Posts
Wow!! We have evolved.....Remember when we used to ride 6 hours for a little lunch. Nice run Ranger!!!

Reactions: crownfire

·
Registered
235 Posts
For all you people stuck in freezing weather with loads of snow on the ground, I went for a ride yesterday.

It was a little on the refreshingly brisk side of riding conditions but I was on a mission. A friend of mine (Canada Steve) found some beer in Nashville he thought I might be interested in. So I rode up to my old stomping grounds of Gluckstadt (just north of Jackson) to meet him and a couple other buddies at the beer store where we used to hang out together. It was 39 when I left the house and headed north. The roads were mostly dry all the way and the temperature gradually dropped as I rode. Coming into Jackson it did get down to 32 and I sure was missing my heated jacket. (We are building a house and most of our stuff is in storage.) There is a BBQ place two doors over from Barley's Beer Barn so I picked up some lunch and had a pint waiting of my friends. I also brought a couple extra cans of Urban South IPA (brewed in New Orleans) for those present to try. We had a couple pints and exchanged some lies before I had to head home. The temperature finally got up to 40, but not until I was five miles from the house. It was a bit nipply, but still a good day on the bike which I haven't had enough of in the past year. Right around 300 miles.
View attachment 274950 View attachment 274951 View attachment 274952 What do you think? I think they stole a picture of me. Any lawyers in the house? Maybe we can wrangle some free beer out of this and a trip to Nashville......
Great trip Mark! Definitely worth the cold ride.

Sing to Him who rides across the heavens, his mighty voice thundering from the sky. Ps 68:33

·
Super Moderator
28,548 Posts
Nice time, and always good to get out.

·
Super Moderator
14,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a nice hoppy ale.

2021 02 14 jpg.jpg

Reactions: NREMTP and Luv2fish

·
Super Moderator
14,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If yea ever need any "help" drinking that beer, don't ever hesitate too call, "I'm that kind of man"............Always willing to help!!!

Ronnie
Just come on by. I have one saved for RayJ, but there are three more available. If those are gone I usually have something in the fridge.....

Reactions: NREMTP and Luv2fish

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Think I may have found where they got your picture for that beer bottle.

Heard that he may be wanted in Kansas as well to play Festus in a Gunsmoke remake.

·
Super Moderator
14,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

View attachment 274969

Heard that he may be wanted in Kansas as well to play Festus in a Gunsmoke remake.
Now that's funny! I think the snow is too deep for you to be up to anything else.

·
Super Moderator
14,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"Will travel 4 beer" That's my moto, I'm on my way from Massachusetts...............can I bring my bitc# girlfriend (and her eight kids with me??) LOL

Ronnie
As many as you can fit on your motorcycle. Bring a tent too. They are still building my house and we are in a trailer. We can drink beer on the porch but I have nowhere for anybody to sleep right now.
2021 01 25 04 roofed.jpg

Reactions: Luv2fish

·
Registered
305 Posts
Aaaaaaaaaaa I remember the days of living in my trailer.............. Congrat's on building a new home, (if we had purchase some property that we put a bid on last year/lost the bid) we too would be building as we speak........I know that it's now very stressful, BUT when it's over, and you "both" walk into your new home for the first time, it will be all worth it !!~ So instead of us looking for so more property , my wife and I decided to just, up grade my present home...instead....It's still not the same, cause we live on a very busy street, BUT at least it's ours..

Ronnie

·
Registered
706 Posts
As many as you can fit on your motorcycle. Bring a tent too. They are still building my house and we are in a trailer. We can drink beer on the porch but I have nowhere for anybody to sleep right now.
View attachment 274972
He keeps making that offer to come see us and bring all his peoples with him. I asked him last year what she looked like and didn't get an answer.

·
Registered
706 Posts

View attachment 274969

That is really good. I told Mark that I had lots of people I know but none of them with their pic on multiple bottles of beer. He needs to buy a six of that and let it sit unopened. My brother has a six of Billy Beer. I am sure President Carter would not love to hear that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts