Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was a nice day for a ride so I went to the beach. Had no trouble finding a parking spot and very few people were around so no issues there. Had a nice ride home and didn't even get a sunburn. I LOVE riding at this time of year!

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,174 Posts
16*f, are you kidding me/us? Dang, that's cold unless it's on a snowmobile!:eek: No wonder there was no shortage of parking and no bathers!:p

·
Super Moderator
15,230 Posts
was it 16f yesterday elwood

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was Rye, New Hampshire about 3:30 P.M. yesterday. I was seriously jonesing for a ride and I don't think I'm going to get back out for a while so I took advantage of the nice weather. I will admit I was a little chilled by the time I got home but I warm up quick.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the report.

IF you had electric gloves and coat liner, you would have been toasty warm.
Had my Gerbings gloves and a nice thick leather jacket with Nike and Underarmor base layers. Even with my insulated boots my feet got chilled though, that was the weak link in the chain even with the footwarmer doors open. Looking at the forecast I probably won't ride again for a few weeks.:mad:

·
Administrator
26,174 Posts
Looking at the forecast I probably won't ride again for a few weeks.:mad:
Some of us wish it were just a few weeks. I'll be happy if it's just a few months!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
I do hope you found a gas station on the way home....:D

·
Premium Member
23,752 Posts
Elwood: I did the New England ( via car ) tour up to Bar Harbor back in September '01. What a great coast line. Once you get pass New York it gets right nice up there. I have some relations in Wakefield, MA that also have a home in Nova Scotia. In short, I have the lodging, just need the time.

·
Premium Member
7,189 Posts
A Beach should not get that Cold unless Penguins and Walrus are present!!!

·
Administrator
26,174 Posts
Sorry ref, all the arctic critters are moving in here, they seem to love the weather lately:(

·
Super Moderator
14,473 Posts
Glad you got out on a ride. That's what I love most about living in the Deep South, year round riding. I hope you have a few more days nice enough to get out and about.

·
Banned
3,175 Posts
Had my Gerbings gloves and a nice thick leather jacket with Nike and Underarmor base layers. Even with my insulated boots my feet got chilled though, that was the weak link in the chain even with the footwarmer doors open. Looking at the forecast I probably won't ride again for a few weeks.:mad:
My electric boot inserts work great. It is the snow shovel that is getting the work these days out west.

·
Administrator
26,174 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My electric boot inserts work great. It is the snow shovel that is getting the work these days out west.
Just had to break it out last night, had about (only)1 inch of slushy, wet crap that I thought was going to freeze overnight. Little did I know that when I woke up today it was 42 degrees! Going into the 20s this weekend though, this weather this year while wacky is still way better than what we had last year.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts