Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the first isnt really a question. The other day I was on here and there was a real nice,,,check list, when looking for a wing,,,and I think it also had a list of models , SE , interstate, aspencade or something like that that said what packages come with.

I thought I pegged that but now, cant find it. anyone know what Im talking about.

So I ve been riddling the ads, pricing and trying to follow and understand prices on models years and mileage. I ran across one ad, that the guy says was an 89, and he had just replace the stator,,,I thought all 1500's had an alternator....can someone clarify that for me. or is the guy just not understanding what he has?

Im still fussing with numbers through my separation. think I will have anywhere between 5k and 8k,,so its looking like a low to mid 90's 1500 with....anywhere from 47K to 80ish K miles. I could live with that:D I sure hope it works out, I am sooooo ready to be back on a bike.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Good luck with your search, also watch Craig's List, Cycle Trader and EBay.

If I hear of a good 1500 for sale, I'll let you know. I had to look long and hard for mine but got a 95 with 30,000 Miles, still had to spend some money getting everything back up to speed though.

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
1500 wings didn't have stators bob and before '90 there was no interstate, aspencade, or se. you ordered the options you wanted on your machine

·
Premium Member
24,641 Posts
So much to do, so little time...good luck with your search.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanx all for the info. Cantankerrous....(you gotta love that name lol), yep thats the one. man thats great info.

I have been looking at craigslist and cycle trader....not to much ebay. bikes are out there, Im sure soon as the debt divorce ratio is concluded, Ill know what I can get. gosh just a token ,,,just a token of life please.

Bevman, thats a beautiful bike. I only hope to be so fortunate. plumb crazy!!!!

thanks again folks.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1500 wings didn't have stators bob and before '90 there was no interstate, aspencade, or se. you ordered the options you wanted on your machine
didnt thinks so, but didnt want to miss a point. if the selling owner didnt udnerstand this., no telling what else he didnt understand. well, I havent laid down money yet,,so.... but just thought, hmmm. gotta keep a keen eye.

·
Super Moderator
12,263 Posts
Too bad you weren't closer, I have a 1500 I'd give you a good deal on.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Too bad you weren't closer, I have a 1500 I'd give you a good deal on.
and the funny part is, just a year and half ago, I move to SC from Portland Or,,,so I was in the neighborhood. I actually sold a bike out in the Dalles on year. yeah, spokane is a little far and not plannning any trips out there. beautiful country. I always wanted to take a ride to some of those ghost towns in eastern Oregon. my only planned ride out got debunked when I threw out my back. spent my entire vacation horizontal and in considerable pain. so never got the chance. but your in some prime riding area.

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
I have a different opinion on the different models. I searched for an Interstate. It has less features, so comes at a much lower price. I bought a 94 1500 Wing with 28,000 miles on it for $3500. It came with a CB and helmets...

I now have 48,000 miles on it.... and a CAR TIRE TO BOOT!

:)

Good luck with your search.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts