Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, just got back from Deal's Gap. On Saturday night, they had a sanctioned race in the parking lot. :D

these folks take this seriously and to look at them, well, they didn't look like much. 50cc hondas for little kids.

But they put bigger springs and handlebars and an engine kit along with street tires.

All together this made for some great racing. 0 to 60 in just few seconds and U turns, I am guessing 15 or 20 mph but in a 5 foot width. Crap, these were fast, turned on a dime and they could stop in an instant. seriously makes you want one. I was thinking about someone here pulling a real dirt bike behind the Wing and got to thinking that I could pull 2 (one for each of us) anywhere we wanted to go.

This looks like a winter project as there are plenty of used ones kids are outgrowing and a website to get the details to build. I do know it's a 88cc kit in the one shown in the video.

Maybe no one else finds this interesting but it looks like a blast to me and as I have grandkids, this could be the beginning of a week end thing if I got them one too (but without the upgrades)......:D

Here they are practicing before dark.

·
Super Moderator
11,818 Posts
At least you don't have far to fall!! :D

It does look like fun.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Now that is way too cool. A lot like go carts...

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Btw

Now that is way too cool. A lot like go carts...
been outta town while you were being promoted. You are a great choice to moderate. Good luck, I will refrain from using the top row+shift keys for at least three days in your honor.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh yeah, the first vid is a man and wife practicing.
In the race, she got T-boned pretty good got back up next to the bike and cracked the trottle. The bike stood straight up and snatched forward a couple steps. Later a guy, guessing 6'2" and 240, locked up the brakes, went over the bars and flat on his back. Knocked the wind out of him for awhile. All this with no ticket fee.

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
Here's a bike that certainly compliments the Wing.
It's a 'Baby' Goldwing (AKA Pacific Coast)

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's a bike that certainly compliments the Wing.
It's a 'Baby' Goldwing (AKA Pacific Coast)
Looks sweet. And it would be a great one to jump on to get to work or to the store.

I still want a 50cc. Like tank said, the fall is a lot shorter.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
A buddy of mine had one of these (same color) back when. He enjoyed it but I think it was just transportation to him, not a serious sport. These PC's still sell well assuming they are in good shape.

My idea of a Wing compliment is an 18VTX/r. I have one and love it.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
A bit late with this, but some years back, 'pcket rocket' racing was a real rage. I thought it had sort of died off, but I guess it's making a comeback:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts