Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 wing and was woundering if it has an aux gas tank that is resferenced in som of hte service manuals. Less running it out of gas is there a way to check?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Never heard of anything. When my 97 indicates empty, it is empty!! Don't ask how I know!! :eek:

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
"Normally", when the low fuel light comes on you have about one (maybe 1 1/2)gallons left in the tank. I've read where some folks have added aux tanks to their Wing. Most have installed them on the back seat. So unless you do only solo riding, it's not an option for you, unless your SO is willing to sit on top of a tank of gas...

·
Registered
691 Posts
Years ago my Dad built his own trailer with a small tank and transfer pump on the front.
I keep forgetting to stick the tank when it shows empty on the guage. Don't know if the light works or not. I'm not into walking down the road with a gas can.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
News to me I have to admit. I've never seen an aux or 'ferry' tank on a bike before but I have seen adventure bikes with fuel cans strapped to them like panniers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My 97 when the light came on I had 52 miles left at 55MPH. Go to Tour Tank. Com they make great barrell tanks put one on the wifes Yamaha VStar 1100 had it on her VTX as well 3.5 Gal tank fits nicely on the back seat if you have no passenger

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i plan on getting a one liter msr fuel bottle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts