Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have posted this before and have tried all the replys.My bike will blow the 15 amp fuse that controls my brake lights,horn & turn signals. I have not found the problem yet. Does anyboby know if changing this to a 20 amp fuse will hurt anything? There doesn't seem to be any pattern that I can find to blow the fuse ?

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I'm no electronics wizard, but I doubt anyone would advise raising the amperage of a fuse to bypass a problem. If it's blowing, there is a reason for it somewhere. I can't find anything about a troubleshoot in the service manual, but it sounds like a short of some kind.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are right about being a short , But I have been from front to back and have not found a thing. Toof it to a honda dealer and spent $120.00 bucks and all they said was they could not get the fuse to blow.

·
Registered
151 Posts
hi pok, how many aftermarket lights are wired into this circuit? if you have rotor covers with lights look there first as this has been the culprit in our shop numerous times . good luck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bike is total stock. Noyhing added on,except a outlet for my GPS to plug into .I have this hooked in under the left front fairing pocket.I found a pigtail there that was capped off.

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
You could have a problem in the brake light or turn signal circuits. it's always hard to chase an intermittent electrical problem. Did you have the rear tire changed and then this problem cropped up afterward? It could be in one of the switches?
If you lived in Florida, I'd ask you to let me have a look at it.
Went back to one of your earlier posts, what wire did you hook your GPS to? Has the bike blown that fuse prior to installing the GPS? The capped off wires could be the problem. Do us all a simple favor, please; disconnect the GPS from the wires you found and ride the bike without the unit and see if it blows the fuse. Thank you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will disconnect the gps and see if that works. I had the problem before I hooked up the gps so I don't think thats the problem?

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
If you recently had a tire change was the problem there prior to the tire change or show up after? You have three components sharing the same fuse, one of them has a short. True it may not be the GPS unit but the wires that you are using, those placed by the P.O. could be the problem, whatever the wires were spliced into.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts