Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My compressor does not work on my 96 Wing. The panel seems to work as to front and rear pressure but that's it. I have not check anything yet. Do you have any ideas as to the common failure mode on these.

·
Administrator
29,085 Posts
This may help. Could be a relay or dirty contacts.

If changing air pressure in shocks:

1)Put bike on Centerstand
2)Turn ignition switch to On, P or Acc
3)Press the P.Check it will display pressure
4)While holding P Check push either Decrease or Increase to change setting

To operate Compressor for inflation:
1)Put bike on Centerstand
2)Connect hose to outlet in Saddlebag
3Turn ignition switch to On, P or Acc
4)Press Outlet button on panel

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On a positive note she was at 17lbs before I ever ran the compressor so it maybe air light. It does need fork seals. Last thing left I think. I'm not sure how it holds air and leaks. I must not get the fork design.

·
Administrator
29,085 Posts
Actually the air compressor is only for the rear. There is one air shock on the rear of the bike, the other is regular. The forks only get air if you manually put it in.

Remove small plastic screw on caps at top of forks. You will see schrader valves. Now here's the Important Part. DO NOT use a regular tire inflator unless you have a regulator that you can turn way way way down. The Front forks take very little pressure 0-6 lbs I believe.

They make a small hand pump to put air in. Or you can do what I used to do & use a bicycle tire pump.

When I put the Progressive springs in my '95 I stopped running air in the front fork. What a difference they/that made. If you want to do something relatively cheap for yourself that's a good one to do.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually the air compressor is only for the rear. There is one air shock on the rear of the bike, the other is regular. The forks only get air if you manually put it in.

Remove small plastic screw on caps at top of forks. You will see schrader valves. Now here's the Important Part. DO NOT use a regular tire inflator unless you have a regulator that you can turn way way way down. The Front forks take very little pressure 0-6 lbs I believe.

They make a small hand pump to put air in. Or you can do what I used to do & use a bicycle tire pump.

When I put the Progressive springs in my '95 I stopped running air in the front fork. What a difference they/that made. If you want to do something relatively cheap for yourself that's a good one to do.
And thanks again Fossil92!!!! You are so damn helpful!!!! If you need any advice on military trainer jets , please ask!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts