Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Wing owners
I have a 95 SE that won't start. I started it last Wed for the first time since last Sept. Let it run on center stand while I put a little air in tires and rode it to patio and shut it off. Wife came out to see rear lights that I finally got to work so I started it up to turn on the lights. Horn, radio,turn signals and every thing worked just fine. Shut it off to feed the face. Went out after supper to go for a little ride and the neutral light didn't come on so it wouldn't start. Every thing else seems to work. I have a manual so after I figured out how to check gear sensor I had to remove lower right fairing to check continuity on the wires and it checked out okay. After checking both starter relays I noticed the neutral light was on. Relay A was working but relay B wasn't. It checked out okay before so I put power to it and it cranked. Looked in manual to see if I could figure out why relay wouldn't work. Tried several things but came up with nothing. Next thing I new the neutral light wasn't on. If I don't get this figured out soon I won't have any hair left. Anbody have any suggestions. Sorry this is so long but tried to explane it the best I could.
Bruce

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Check the little things first, like the reverse lever, make sure it is all the way down,

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I worked the reverse lever up & down a dozen times. I had the lever off to remove part of the tupperware. Could I have gotten it put back on wrong? It looked like it would only go back one way.

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Try taking it back off take the tank peice off & check yourself, did you make sure the pin was back in place before putting the lever back on? I would just go through it again, if it worked before you did the removal it is highly likely that either you missed something or something moved out of place during reassembly. Good Luck hope this helps.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fossil92
I took it apart again and it was alright. I worked the reverse lever switch a few times and the neutral light came on so I spayed som contact cleaner in it and worked a few more times and it seems to work every time now. I used some on the clutch switch also and it works now to. But it still wouldn't start without hot wiring starter relay B, so I spiced a wire to it with a switch in the line. I turn the switch on to activate relay B and press starter switch to get it started, and turn the switch off. Ready to ride.
According to the wiring diagram there is a fuse in the line going to relay B, but I was unable to find it. That fuse must be the problem. I'm hoping somebody on the forum knows were to find that fuse. Till I find that fuse the switch I installed will have to do for now. Went for a ride (30 mi) this evening. First ride since last November. Felt good!

Thanks for the reply. Bruce

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
95 Wing starts now

Hello everyone
I got a wiring manual from dealers mechanic. He gave me his own wiring trouble shooting manual. That was a big help as it told me that the fuse for relay B was on left side of battery. It was behind another gizmo. It is a 5 amp fuse that was blown. I left the wire with a switch in case it happens again. The Clymer manual I have didn't tell me were that fuse was.

Thanks Bruce in Souteast Nebr.

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Thanks for the info & the update Bruce. It may help others & as you know that's what places like this are all about. Good Job.

·
Super Moderator
9,870 Posts
Glad you got her running. Keep an eye on that fuse, just in case something is causing it to blow. Now that it's running go out and ride.. Ride safe..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts