Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday morning I was leaving for work and warmed up the Wing and clicked it down in gear and the bike learched forward with the clutch pulled. Suprised I tried several more times and it returned to normal.I noticed the sight glass on the cluth resevoir was low. I took the pickup to work and when got home topped off with Dot 4 fluid. It dosn't hold much. Took a hour ride with a lot of shifting level seems to be same. can't find any leaks on puddles on ground. After reading Clymers manual it stated after parts wear resevior level will drop. (not exact quote).Is there any thing I should look for other than leaks and level in res. I was planning several trips soon and realy don't want to get stranded.:(

·
Registered
263 Posts
Keep an eye on it.You may have a slave cylider leaking,in which case the fluid will end up in the engine oil. Mine is a '94 with 122,000 on it,of which i have put 12,000 of it. Mine went down 2 times in 2years,and since has been ok. Maybe i wore the clutch getting used to the bike,but don't think so. At any rate,have helped 2 others on here that had one that was definatly leaking. They rebuilt their slaves,and problem solved.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I will continue to monitor it. After reading shop mauals I was thinking slave cylinder also. Would I see a rise in engine oil level? I was reading how to rebuild. Is it as difficult as it seems or can someone with basic skills handle it.

·
Super Moderator
7,668 Posts
It's not hard to do at all. I think its harder to get it out of the bike than rebuild it.
You'll see the oil level on the dipstick when you check the oil.

·
Registered
263 Posts
As slow as yours is dropping,you arent going to see your oil level rise.Most of it will burn off. Trike lady is correct,is probly harder to get it out of the bike than to actually do the reseal. Good luck with it.Let us know how it plays out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts