Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, my 1st post here so bear with me please. my 93 interstate has oil leaking onto the rear wheel. i got the right side bad off and i cant tell were its leaking. ive ran it on the stand in 1-2 gear i even bounced on it working the shocks. there's fresh and old oil around the the lower shock bolt but that's also right by the driveshaft to rear-drive connection. the gasket their is my guess. as theres no fresh oil up the drive shaft from there. maybe the shock but a fresh oil drip i saw is red which looks like honda 80w to me. the oil has frsh oil around the rear drive (hub) but i think just runs there from above and then drips on the wheel. only other clues are theres some oil on back of saddlebag and some even in it....i havnt had the bike long so before the tear downi hopoed the last guy put to much gear oil in it and it leaked out some how. im never that lucky although i have got it to leak while im workin on it im still in that process now and maybe it will yet. so far im stumped. im not scared to spend money on it. but before i take my best guess and replace something im hoping this discription sound familars to someone who will give me there 2 cents. thanks so much

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Could be your rear shock leaking. If it leaks when you ride it and not when it running on the center stand I would bet your rear shock is bad.

·
Registered
151 Posts
hi midevil, try pulling the rear shock dust boot gaitor down on the suspect shock to reveal the oil seal. if its leaking you will see it. some rear suspension fluid is tinted red so its possible to leak.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts