Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the title, I had to point out that the radio does not powder up when all the cables are connected, and the radio is installed on the bike.

When I sent it to Sierra Electronics, I got it back after being told that they found no problem on the unit, and suggested that the problem is with the radio ground. I have manually installed a ground wire that goes from the mount screws directly to the battery ground, and put everything back together.

When I started the motorcycle, I got exactly nothing. No power, no indication the unit worked at all. I am about ready to pull the unit, turn the space into a "glove-box", and put a regular car radio in the trunk.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you used a volt meter to check for power to the connector that the radio plugs into? If no power, you could have a harness issue or a blown fuse.
Well, it seems when I moved the motorcycle over to the garage to allow me to start tearing everything down this morning, I left the keys in it. When I initially tested the radio, I turned the motorcycle into the ON position, and did my checks. THAT was where everything went wonkie. Seems you can't leave the key on for 9 hours without running down the battery.

When I broke out the multimeter, i couldn't find any power on the connectors, so I set to pulling the right side of the bike apart to get to both the relays and the fusebox, but . . alas . . . no blown fuses.

So, I started putting everything back together. That was when I found my keys in the ignition, and pulled them out. Once everything was back together, I got on the bike and tried to start it. Nothing . . . nothing at all! So I popped the right side cover, and put the meter on the battery. WAY too low. So, the battery is now on charge, and I iwll attempt another go at all this in the morning, before the day heats up too bad.

Thank you for responding!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts