Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get my '93 GL1500 Aspencade back on the road. Just replaced the alternator and was at the DMV for emissions testing after getting her warmed up. While waiting in line she suddenly leaked about a cup or so of coolant sitting at idle. I turned her off and looked under the front to see if I could tell where the leak was coming from but couldn't. It was dripping from the lower left side (looking from the front of the bike) but I don't know if that is just because it was running down a part that lead it out there. Once I turned her off the leak seemed to stop but not knowing the extent of the leak I opted to skip the emissions test and head back home. I kept a close eye on the temp gauge which stayed mid way and while at stop lights heading home I did not see any further leaking.

Went out this morning to check her in the garage and there is no coolant under her. I am more familiar with air cooled cars and motorcycles so I guess my questions are: how much should I be worried (I do live in Phoenix, AZ and it's starting to get pretty warm out)? What can I do myself to figure out where / why it leaked? What do I need to do to fix it? I do have the massive service manual if someone can point me in the right direction. Would really like to avoid putting another couple hundred bucks into her by bringing to a shop if I can fix the problem myself. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Jimmy

·
Registered
50 Posts
Did you over fill the coolant tank , if you have the bike will get rid of the extra through the over flow pipe , happened to me , just my 2pence worth .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great question actually...I asked the shop to look her over to see if they thought a tune up was needed. They didn't mention topping of the coolant but I'll take a gander at it and see if they did. Thanks for the suggestion!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts