Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, got into my first ride this last weekend and noticed when in 4th gear it will drop down to 3rd unless you're very light on throttle, how bad of a fix is this going to be:mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Make sure you hitting it all the way into gear. Could be the shifting fork, if so your in for an expensive repair.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know I'm getting it in all the way, I'm a mechanic (car/truck) does the motor have to come out, anyone know offhand?

·
Registered
151 Posts
hi niko, we are presently doing a repair of the same problem in the shop. yes the motor needs pulled an the cases split. about an 8 hr job for a really good tech. parts lookup amounts to about 500.00. 2 gears, a shifter slide, a shift fork,an a gasket set. good luck.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Like the title says, got into my first ride this last weekend and noticed when in 4th gear it will drop down to 3rd unless you're very light on throttle, how bad of a fix is this going to be:mad::mad::mad:
Well 2580 hit it right on th head---- I ve done several of those and the work is about the same --- parts should cost around $460.00 to $545 and the 8 hours including droping the engine -- do all the work you want while the engine is out --- touch up the frame--replace bad or worn hoses--- and make sure the wiring loom is in good shape --- all of this is much easier when the engine is dropped---- GOOD LUCK !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts