Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. I have a '91 Aspencade with about 80,000 miles on it. Upon start up, it spits what looks like wet oil out of both pipes. I haven't noticed any loss of power or oil consumption but it tends to mess up my garage floor a bit. Once it's warm, the problem goes away with subsequent start ups.
Any advise or comments are most welcome and appreciated,
Thanks in advance,
Strat

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome Stratman, sounds like condensation mixed with some carbon soot in your muffler may look like oil, you said after its warmed up it goes away,then its warm enough to burn up the condensatoin before you see it. Good luck,hope we all can ride soon.

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Good information and folks on here.

Ride safe..

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
Welcome Stratman Eh. Another Pa guy.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome Stratmanfrom up north, eh. I would agree with Matt's assessment. Sometimes GL's will smoke on start-up if they are put on the side stand with the engine running and then shut off. A bit of engine oil can seep past the valves and into the combustion chamber and puff goes the dragon when you hit the starter button. Early model K series Beemers used to do it big time too.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comments and the warm welcome guys! I'm looking forward to this forum almost as much as blowing the dust (er,snow) off and hitting the open road.
Strat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts