Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is the 10th year anniversary of 9/11. The Garden of Reflection memorial garden in Bucks County, PA is having a fund raising ride on Saturday 9/10/2011 from Brian's Harley Davidson in Langhorne, PA, not the Garden of Reflection. On Sunday 9/11 will be the Anniversary Ceremony at the garden. This memorial was built in memory of all who died in the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.

I'm planning a ride up from GA. I will be going up the BRP and Skyline Drive, then over to Quantico to see the new National Marine Corps museum. From there we will ride on to Philadelphia.

I plan to participate in the ride on Saturday.

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
Thanks for the information. I will see if there is a group from around here who want to attend.

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
We have our version of the 911 ride here in Washington. We muster on the flight line at Dulles Airport and then ride to the Pentagon Memorial. If the timing is right, give me a shout when you are going to be at Quantico. I'm about 30 miles north.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
We must NEVER FORGET.
Please leave a tear for me.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We have our version of the 911 ride here in Washington. We muster on the flight line at Dulles Airport and then ride to the Pentagon Memorial. If the timing is right, give me a shout when you are going to be at Quantico. I'm about 30 miles north.
Will get with you later for contact information. We expect to be staying overnight in the area.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Correction. The Saturday fund raiser ride will start from Brian's Harley Davidson in Langhorne, PA: not from the memorial.:(

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's getting close. Leaving home on 9/2 and getting to Malvern, PA on 9/6. Will tour historic Philadelphia and Valley Forge. May attend the event on Market Street across from FOX29 for the Salute the Troops on Friday. Will do the Ride of Honor and Rememberance on Saturday and then attend the 9/11 10 anniversary ceremony at the Garden of Reflecton on Sunday. We will stop off at Hershey on the way home.

Any of you PA riders attending?

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Wow!! I can't its been 10 years. Seems like yesterday and 100 years ago at the same time.:(

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
It's getting close. Leaving home on 9/2 and getting to Malvern, PA on 9/6. Will tour historic Philadelphia and Valley Forge. May attend the event on Market Street across from FOX29 for the Salute the Troops on Friday. Will do the Ride of Honor and Rememberance on Saturday and then attend the 9/11 10 anniversary ceremony at the Garden of Reflecton on Sunday. We will stop off at Hershey on the way home.

Any of you PA riders attending?
Is there a web site on this ride ?

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
Tom, This Pa. guy will not be attending. The sea of anatomy & bikes has no redeeming quality to me personally.

Ride Safe & Have Fun. Oh by the way post some pictures if you can.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tom, This Pa. guy will not be attending. The sea of anatomy & bikes has no redeeming quality to me personally.

Ride Safe & Have Fun. Oh by the way post some pictures if you can.
Understand Bill. Kind of like Sturgis and the Black Hills Rally. Great place to ride before or after the rally.

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
You've got it winger98, I like to know who I ride with & 5 or 6 is about my max. Unless of course we're on Va.33 & I get run away from them a bit.:D

Let me clarify something though it's because of the bike not the rider's skills that I was able to do it.:eek:

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
This is the 10th year anniversary of 9/11. The Garden of Reflection memorial garden in Bucks County, PA is having a fund raising ride on Saturday 9/10/2011 from Brian's Harley Davidson in Langhorne, PA, not the Garden of Reflection. On Sunday 9/11 will be the Anniversary Ceremony at the garden. This memorial was built in memory of all who died in the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.

I'm planning a ride up from GA. I will be going up the BRP and Skyline Drive, then over to Quantico to see the new National Marine Corps museum. From there we will ride on to Philadelphia.

I plan to participate in the ride on Saturday.
Curious, what are the funds that are raised going to be used for?

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
I've been getting my info off www.warriorswatch.org since I am a member. You don't have to be a member to see this information.
Thanks for the link Tom. This event really caught my attention :................8/25/11 Unattended Veterans Memorial Service
By Maria, on August 13th, 2011

Unattended Veterans Service

Washington Crossing National Cemetery

August 25, 2011

2:00 p.m.

Military Honors will be performed in honor of those veterans interred in the month of August who had no one attending their service.

The names will be read, the Pennsylvania Military Honors team will present the flag to a cemetery volunteer who will receive the flag on behalf of all of the veterans. The Guardians will perform the rifle salute and provide live Taps if Ed is available. If not, the electronic bugle will be used.

The burial schedule has been blocked off after the 1:30 time slot to allow for our ceremony.

It is our hope that all cemetery employees will be present along with any interested individuals wishing to attend. Feel free to invite anyone you wish.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Curious, what are the funds that are raised going to be used for?
The funds will be used for the upkeep of the Garden of Reflection memorial. This is a privately funded memorial. There is no fee for the ride. Originally there was a registration fee, but that has been dropped. Donations are gladly accepted. The Warriors Watch Riders will participate in the ceremony on Sunday the 11th at the Garden of Reflection. All riders are welcome.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
The funds will be used for the upkeep of the Garden of Reflection memorial. This is a privately funded memorial. There is no fee for the ride. Originally there was a registration fee, but that has been dropped. Donations are gladly accepted. The Warriors Watch Riders will participate in the ceremony on Sunday the 11th at the Garden of Reflection. All riders are welcome.
Thank you. I hope a lot show up and the donations are big!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts