Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to this group. I have a '89 wing and my ignition switch is starting to cut out. Local Honda dealers tell me a new one is unavailable. Can anyone offer any help?

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Dave the ignition switch assembly part # 35100-MN5-013 comes up on my fiche as a valid part ('89 GL1500). Without actually ordering one, I can't say whether Honda still stocks it though. I'd try another dealer and see what happens (or go back to the one you tried earlier) if you give him the part # to go by. Granted, that is a Canadian #, but I'd be willing to bet they are the same. I didn't try to see if the newer models list the same switch or not.
Hey, btw, welcome to the site!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, tried two dealers so far. I did have the same part number as posted above but both told me it was no longer available. I will try the bike bandit recommendation. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Just a thought.. Would the ignition switch from a newer model year (1500's were made up until 2000) work? Doesn't seem like there would be a great difference over the years.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
great idea but I checked with my local honda dealer and he tells me his system would automatically show the later year part as an option. Thanks for your ideas

·
Super Moderator
7,668 Posts
Two Wheel Wing,
You're correct on that, because when I went to order the brushed aluminum trim piece for the tour box, they no longer produced it and they offered me the new chrome version. I had to order all three pieces to match.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I have my service manager on this to se if a later model switch might just work. When he talks to the tech line next, he's going to ask.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts