Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when cold starts great as soon as its warmed up will not start.selanoids clicks,battery good,checked grounds,fuses relays,voltage on hot starter lead 12 volts when hit starter will operate small 12 v compressor,then hook it back up to starter and click click click,and only 4 volts at starter post only when warm,let it cool down 20 minutes and all's good,should i pull starter or just rear part brushes?or what any idea's thanks

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
1st of all let me take the time to greet you as a new member to the GWOF & say Hi.

Now let me say that there was a thread addressing this just the other day. Here it is.

http://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3614

I can also tell you that I had the same thing happen to my Nighthawk & that it was indeed the starter. Good Luck.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF ronan1. my first question is what year goldwing are you talking about

·
Registered
1 Posts
same problem

when cold starts great as soon as its warmed up will not start.selanoids clicks,battery good,checked grounds,fuses relays,voltage on hot starter lead 12 volts when hit starter will operate small 12 v compressor,then hook it back up to starter and click click click,and only 4 volts at starter post only when warm,let it cool down 20 minutes and all's good,should i pull starter or just rear part brushes?or what any idea's thanks
Did you get an answer on this, mine is doing the same thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts