Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK ... so I've got the windshield off, the plastic covering the entire gauge panel is off, clear plastic off the gauges. So far so good. Now I need to replace the temp/fuel gauges but I just cannot see how they come out of the housing. I have the Clymer manual that goes to the 1500 and it explains everything I need to do except how to remove those particular gauges .... or at least I can't find it. Can anyone help me by either explaining how those gauges come out or where oh where in the manual it explains how they are held in.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
maybe the whole gauge cluster has to come out and be replaced as a unit. can you still get the individual guages from honda

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maybe the whole gauge cluster has to come out and be replaced as a unit. can you still get the individual guages from honda
I already have the entire unit out. I am looking for someone, anyone who has replaced the Fuel/Temp gauges. I am having no problem figuring out how to remove the entire cluster and the speedo, the tach and the LCD. What i cannot figure out is how the Fuel/Temp gauge comes out of the cluster unit. I see no screws holding it in and the replacement I have in hand doesn't appear to have any threaded holes so I can only guess it is held in by some other manner. That is what I'm looking to find out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe I may have found what I need. Although mine is an 89 I do have a CD with the 94 service manual on it. It appears that I will need to disassemble the LCD and (hopefully) on the backside there will be some screws. Tomorrow will tell. Thanks for all the leads anyway. I'll report back tomorrow and let you know if I was successful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts