Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
howdy! need some information...i have an 89 1500, i got it used and noticed that the saddlebag side lights(changed from the reflector) don't light, neither do the other nice Kuryakyn lights on the bags and back of bags(not even hooked up) i checked for power on the wires in the bags with my 12 volt probe, nothin', traced wires and found they led to a little black plastic box, on the bottom of the right bag behind the tail/turn signals, approx 2X2" with power in(12V,i checked) and no 12volt out...) there are two wires in-brn&wht, and four out(2 to ea. bag). i think it's a transformer, the bulbs are 160s 14v0.35A.? the honda shop had no idea what the box is for...not theres, they think aftermarket..haven't been able to get hold of Kuryakyn yet..any body have any ideas??? no luck on my web search...don't know what it's called, or does...thanks for your help!

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Since these are after market add on's you might try contacting the Kuryakyn and see if they have a diagram of the wiring which would explain what is going on.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts