Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
7 Posts
My friend is using Metzler 800 and he get about 11000 miles on it., and about double that on the front. He ride about 14000-15000 miles a year and mostly long distance.Metzler 800 are very smooth with good handling and highest stability for easy riding in all conditions, at full speed on straight roads..

·
Super Moderator
15,261 Posts
you do know he posted this back in'08 don't you

·
Administrator
26,305 Posts
My tricycle had early generation runflats... you know, the non-inflatable kinde?;)
sorry, I couldn't resist:p

·
Super Moderator
15,261 Posts
My tricycle had early generation runflats... you know, the non-inflatable kinde?;)
sorry, I couldn't resist:p
mine did too come to think of it :)

·
Administrator
26,305 Posts
Red with white fenders...yours? Drew the line with the streamers for the bars though, that was just for sissys and girls PMSL
Seriously though, even though this post started 3 years ago, I stuck with the OEM replacements for my ST, Never had the bike long enough to do anything but a rear tyre, the front was still going strong when I sold it. I did run a set of Metzlers on my Interceptor, but that was too long ago to compare with today's products. fit the bike and my riding style at the time very well though, Not as sticky as the Pirelli Phantoms I had, but better wear characteristics.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The dealer I bought my 2008 from put a new set of Metzler 880's on it. I would normally buy Elite III.

The last time I ran a set of 880's was on my old '92 Venture Royale and they cupped.

BUT, I think it was my fault. The Metzlers run at higher air pressure than other tires and I didn't know that until I buzzing down the street on cupped tires.

Also, the 880's are radials. Does anyone know if they will contribute to better gas mileage?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts