Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO!!!
New to site,....just looked back 6 pages to see if my problem was discussed before...did not find the specific problem,
so here it is, starting 3 or 4 years back I noticed that the engine would hesitate and then lurch upon acceleration from a stop or slow coast. I don't ride alot so I have been nursing it along with various carb cleaners like gumout and seafoam over the past few summers.
While they seem to have helped some, the problem has not completely cleared up. So now I am thinking it is time to dig in and try to find the carbs, remove and clean them.
I have carb cleaning experiance, mostly on sleds including the Yammie 4 strokes, so I think I can do it.
So if there are any "special" things to do or look for as I tackle this job, your help is welcome!
Also what else, besides the carbs, might be causing this irritating hesitation and "very uncool" lurching?

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
The early 1500 had a hesitation problem, advance the timing helped a lot, you can buy a 5 degree or 10 degree trigger wheel and that will help if cleaning and syncing the carbs don't, also could be a vacuum leak on the left side between two of the spark plugs is a small vacuum hose that has been know to crack, you might check that also. I guess you have checked your fuel filter and your sub filter and air filter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
"also could be a vacuum leak on the left side between two of the spark plugs is a small vacuum hose that has been know to crack, you might check that also."

just bought a 87 interstate 1200 and it to has a rough idle, doe's this fix apply to the model?
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts