Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hellow I am just wondering if it is possible to get the cams reversed
on a 87 1200 cc My prob is it would seem the egsuast is coming throught the carbs instead of out the tail pipe .
any help is much app.
lv breezer

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF lv breezer, have you had the cams out or changed timing belts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this is actually a bike i am working on for a friend .He had someone replace the head gaskets but did not finish the job .When i checked
the timing marks they all seemed to line up the way the hayes manuel says they should the owner said the motor was apart long enought that the parts might have been mixed up , thats y i asked the question i did .I am also thinking it might just be 180 deg. off .
I hope this helps u help me
lv breezer

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've never played with a cycle motor but if this were a car, it's not enough for the timing marks to just be aligned, the #1 cylinder must also be at TDC on the compression stroke.

Hoss

·
Registered
137 Posts
Its possiable to mix the cams--- but first make sure your at TDC and that #1 is in the correct position --- if you have to tear down the heads again -- watch your parts numbers --- I can give them to you if you need thm

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the part numbers would be really cool because i already took it apart down to the cams witch have different #s on them.
AND thankyou very much.
lv breezer

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
to all how helped me along the way thankyou very much.
I have figured out what was wrong ,timming off 180.
once again thankyou all.
lv breezer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts