Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 87 Goldwing. End of last season, I had a problem with bike stalling, then hardly run. Felt like it was running out of fuel. Took bike out today and ran check of fuel pump. It's pumping fuel fine. Filter not clogged. Bike running rough. While bike is running, I can remove both right side spark plug wires and bike runs the exact same. If I remove either of left side plug wires, bike stall immediately. I checked and I am getting spark at both right side wires. I removed plugs on right side expecting them to be dripping with gas. Both plugs were dry. I removed the fuel line and the "T" connection off the pump and ran a rubber hose from fuel pump to gas inlet for right side carbs. Bike started but it's still only running on left carbs. My question is how is gas getting to left carbs when I have that T off and just a rubber hose going into right side inlet? What could cause both right side carbs getting no gas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I found the problem. It's the fuel pump. Once it gets hot, it starts making a loud ticking noise inside. I was able to remove the right gas hose from the inlet while bike was running and hardly any gas if any was coming out. When pump cooled down, gas pumped hard and bike runs on all cylinders. Plus the pump was quieter. Kind of strange that when gas volume went way down, only the left bank got the gas and the right side goes dry.

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
Sounds like you found your problem. Now on to fixing it. Sounds like you are very capable of doing the job, so good luck and ride safe...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts