Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Yall, My son just graduated from MMI and wanted a project bike that he and i could do together. I picked up a 86 Interstate LTD that hasn't ran in 3 years for $300. We want to change it to a standard, will 84 tank covers and fenders fit? Where could I get them? Any other years fit? Great site, have been reading for couple weeks now, lot of know-how here. thanks for any info. More guestions to come. later Capt. Hugh

·
Banned
3,192 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

I don't do those kinds of mods. I just buy em and ride em. I am sure there will be folks along shortly that will give you some suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on your sons graduation from MMI. I'll be graduating Wyotech on 7-25-2011 for HD. I already know the Wing and don't care much for sportbikes.
I'm sort of puzzled on the model Wing you have.
I've heard of a 1986 Interstate, a 1985 Limited with CFI and a 1986 Aspencade SEi with CFI. If the bike is Fuel Injected they are desirable by collectors and worth restoring.
Enjoy the forum.

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
Did a little research into the LTD logo on your Wing, it's actually from a Ford LTD.
Basically it's a GL1200 Interstate.

Here's the matching hood ornament.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
funny

thats funny, thanks, i will be sure to take them off so I don't look ignorant. Can't wait to get started working on it. thanks for the wellcomes

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
Capt. Hugh
The PO probably put them there and possibly had an old LTD, actually if you can remove the logos without damaging them they'd be of interest to a person restoring an old LTD from the 70's.
This is what GL1500 owners have fun with, its a replica of the GL1500 'SE' logo.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
Radarsdad,
I'm very interested in vintage Goldwings. There are three Wings collectors would like to get their hands on: the 1976 Limited, 1985 GL1200 Limited with CFI and the 1986 Aspencade SEi.

I would like to have one of each if I had the money.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello capt. hugh, welcome to GWOF. nekked 1200's are hard to come by and so are parts. they were only made in '84. i won't say converting your '86 to a nekked wing is impossable but it will be time consuming

·
Super Moderator
11,816 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Love the LTD emblem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts