Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have purchased my first ever goldwing its an 86 the turn signals dont work but the four ways do anybody got any ideas where i can start looking?

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF 1st wing, sorry i can't help i can't find my shop manual for my 1200 wing. how many miles on it

·
Registered
64 Posts
What do you mean "they don't work" - Lights don't flash? Self cancelling doesn't cancel?

·
Registered
27 Posts
start with the fuse first, then check the bulbs. after that, it really becomes electrical and could be the cancelling unit. a little beyond my experience.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
86 goldwing

the bike is an interstate with 38,000 miles as in regards to they dont work is they will not flash either left or right but the 4 way hazard button works and they flash with it. thanks for the response any and all would be helpful

·
Registered
15 Posts
Relayrelayrelay

I have a '94 GW and I know that the model years '93-'95 have TWO flasher relays, one for the turn signal system and a wholly separate one for the hazard system. I'd strongly suspect that you have a problem with the TURN SIGNAL relay. But first things first, you know the lights are good cuz they work with the 4way, so check your FUSE, if it's good, check to see that you are getting power to the TURN SIGNAL RELAY. Generally, wiring problems between the switch and the relay, or between the relay and the lights, result in problems with one side or the other, rarely BOTH. However, if there is a problem with the power to the relay, that will affect both sides, every time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts