Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am new here and I have a few questions. I am considering my first Goldwing which is a 1986 limited edition with all of the bells and whistles including fuel injection. Which brings me to my question I was warned about the fuel injection system on this model. Can anybody please give me some advise as I know nothing about Goldwings. I have included a link to a picture please look and let me know what you thing
Thank you

https://integritycycles.dealermind.com/image/vehicle/1335-1217528660718.jpg

·
Registered
692 Posts
... HOWDY ... HONDA MADE A 85-GL1200 LTD 10yr. ANAVERSARY ... NOT SURE ABOUT A 86 LTD. ... THEY MADE 86- INTERSTATE - SE - GL 1200 ... ALL ARE GOOD RIDES ... HAPPY TRAILS ...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a 1986 Honda Goldwing 1200 Aspencade
Blue/Blue, 67,973 miles, 1,200cc
PEARL MARLIN BLUE & SATELLITE BLUE. They are asking $2,900, but it needs a stator which they will replace for $1,000. I have checked local repair shops and this seams like the going price.

·
Registered
692 Posts
... Howdy ... I Have Heard Stators Running $800.-$1200. ... Now If They Replace The Stator For $1000. Makes The Bike At $3900. And You Can Buy A Newer Bike For That Money ... Just A Thought ... Happy Trails ...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been seeing most of the late 80's early 90's models running between $3500 to $4000. My biggest concern about this one was the fuel injection system. I am still looking though.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
it's an ltd, aspencades and interstates have carbs. only ltd and se-i have fuel injection

·
Super Moderator
28,442 Posts
kerstingm,

Welcome to the site, Here is a handy website should answer all your questions.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/goldwinghistory.htm

Don't forget where you live has effect on price as well. I know my brother recently upgrade to 1500 paid $4850.00 for '93SE with 84k on it & he is selling his '83 1100 for $2300.00 with 78k on it.

So search around before you decide unless this bike is "calling you"
Good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's the problem I must of sat on 20 or so bikes and kept comming back to this one. The shop is willing to let me make payments on it thru the winter. So it's kind of a sweet deal for me, but I am still going to look around before I buy.
Thanks for the advise

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. Looks like a sweet ride. If you really like it and the price is right for you, go get it and get out riding. Good luck, ride safe..

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's the problem I must of sat on 20 or so bikes and kept comming back to this one. The shop is willing to let me make payments on it thru the winter. So it's kind of a sweet deal for me, but I am still going to look around before I buy.
Thanks for the advise
I agree. The payment plan actually makes the deal hard to pass up. I'd say about $200 per month would probably get you thru the winter season. By-the-way.........the bike looks really nice. Love the color.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts