Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The chrome manual adjustment for the headlight does not work!!! Does anyone know how to get to the area where it must be reconnected???

Does anyone know how to take the headlight bulb out? I have unscrewed the two screws that lets the chrome face plate lift up, taken the two bolts out and four clips that holds the lens in place and now can reach in and touch the bulb, but I can't figure out how to get it out to put in a new halogen bulb.

If anyone has an opinion on what halogen bulb...which gives the BRIGHTEST light...I'd appreciate that information also!

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
151 Posts
hi savor, start by removing left an rt mirrors. remove the windshield chrome faceplate next. this will reveal the 2 top h/light unit mounting bolts. remove these two an the two bottom bolts to get at the back of the unit. unplug the h/light unit an remove the rubber water shield around the bulb base. a wire clip holds the bulb in position, remove the clip an the bulb will come out. silverstar by sylvania makes a white light replacement bulb that is really nice for this GW. it's an H-4 bulb.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's another "WOW!" Thank you!!! I am copying this info and headed for the bike!

I purchased a halogen from a motorcycle shop (non-Honda dealer) about three years ago that actually lit up the neighborhood and never caused any problems that I knew of, but then I ride very little in the dark. This bike loses quite a bit of electric power when I put on the brakes, because my headlights deem when the brake lights come on!

Sure would like to know how to make the manual adjustment (Chrome knob on the left hand side of the faring) of the headlight to work??? I think what I did when I was trying to adjust the aim of the headlight was turn it too far counter clock wise??? I never could get it to raise the beam and never did see it lower the beam...but...now the beam is pointing to the ground and high beam is not much better than low beam as far as seeing.

Last night the horn quit working! I'm wondering what's next??? :-(

·
Registered
470 Posts
Headlight adjuster

That knob you are talking about must have been replaced at one time, at least I think so....every one I've seen including mine is Black.
There is a small set screw at the side that fixes it to the cable end. That attaches the other end to the headlight and has a small gear on the end...BTW...It's just a "slip fit" on the gear end of the cable; DON'T let it fall off! Mine fell into the fairing:eek:.....I had a hell of a time finding it in there! At the bottom of the headlight under the nose piece(left side) is the adjuster for side~side, just turn the screw...:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts