Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bike can sit for a week and start right up, but if i ride it for hour or more it won't start back up. Love to ride them but hav'nt worked on many.any help diagnosing would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi dont know if this will help but i bought 1980 1100 interstate and had the same problem bike would start when cold but once it was warmed up it would not start again found out last owner used 20/50 oil changed to a semi synthetic 10/40 had no problems since.Some of the guys on here may give better advice but it wont do no harm to try hope you get to the bottom of your problem and get back on the road.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
so is the starter turning when it won't start, more info would be helpful to us

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also have an '86 1200 Interstate w/2006 Motortrike conversion, and I'm having a problem with the bike shutting down suddenly. In other words, no power, no lights, like someone pulled the plug on it. I checked the battery and found that what looks like a fusable link, (or series of wires going to a plug w/fuse block to the right of the battery) is apparently not getting a good connection. I can wiggle it, and I get all power back on. The wires appear to have gotten hot going into the plug. Any suggestions on what this is and how to go about fixing it?? The local Honda Dealer doesn't want to mess with it due to the age.:confused: Go figure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bike can sit for a week and start right up, but if i ride it for hour or more it won't start back up. Love to ride them but hav'nt worked on many.any help diagnosing would be greatly appreciated
It acts like battery is dead. Turns over real slow. Acts like it's draining the battery by being running.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts