Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have short Legs and ride my wing with 0 pressure in the suspention. I can not get it up on the center stand. Do you use a wedge of some sort to help?

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
What method are you using to get the Wing up? You place the center stand down and you grasp the seat handle and the handle bar and pull the bike back (not up). The Wing should go right up on the stand. I have a 29" inseam and have no problem.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
try putting some air in the suspension for that. my compressor is out on my 1200 wing and i cannot get it on the center stand anymore but while it was working i had no problem getting it on the center stand

·
Registered
690 Posts
... Howdy ... With The Air Dumped The Bike Sits Lower And The Stand Remains The Same ... Not To Be Confused With The Song Remains The Same - Pink Floyd ... Happy Trails ...

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
I'm also a short guy, but do as Two wheel suggested, keep steady pressure on the stand and roll it rearward, to many guys try to lift staight up, let the bike do the work for you;)

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have a gravel driveway so I use a piece of plywood a couple of ft. square under the
center stand otherwise the legs will dig in and be unstable. I grab the handbar with the left hand and the seat handle with the right,put my foot on the centerstand foot lever and rock the bike back with a backwards pull while putting all my weight on the centerstand foot lever. I never considered suspension pressure as making a difference,
maybe it does.The odd time I have to try twice if the angle on the ground is'nt favourable but usually just once.

-Robert-

·
Banned
33 Posts
it's raining here pretty hard here or I would try it first, how about using a small piece of pipe over the foot peg for the center stand. Use the pipe to extend it slightly giving a little more leverage..

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
... Howdy ... With The Air Dumped The Bike Sits Lower And The Stand Remains The Same ... Not To Be Confused With The Song Remains The Same - Pink Floyd ... Happy Trails ...
haha , song remains the same is led zepplin. are you testing us

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
pipe sounds interesting but not sure you would get any extra leverage as the peg to put you foot comes out to the side. It would work if it came out to the rear. I saw a video on youtube of a guy puting his bike on a roll arould deal and when he got it up I believe he kicked to the side a wooden wedge. video didn't mention it but I did see that. The roll around dolly was under the center stand so it would make the bike lower and does the same thing as letting out the air, as in my case.

·
Registered
690 Posts
... Dr. Buzzard Comes Thru ... Zepplin Is Correct ... For Some Reason I Was Thinking P.f. Duh !! For Me ... Musta Been One Of Those Senior Moments I've Heard So Much About ...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
easy now

I rolled the rear wheel up on a piece of 3/4 board boy what a difference. I can put the bike on the center stand easily now. Thanks Ron

1 - 12 of 12 Posts