Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a 1985 ltd that the fuel system light comes on and then the computer under the trunk shows an error in th drivers side injectors. i would believe this to be electrical, but when i take off the fuel filter and empty it the problem goes away for 20-30 minutes and then comes back.when i got the bike i was told it needed a fuel filter because when the seller tapped it with a wrench the light would go off. any ideas or suggestions?my email is [email protected] if anyone can help. i did change the fuel and air filters. I have been told that this could be a fuel pressure regulator problem. anyone have any ideas on this. also, from what i have been told, this part is no longe available so if it could be the problem, please let me know if you have any ideas where to get one from

·
Registered
151 Posts
hi kingfish2002, just for fun, unplug the harness wires from your travel computer;there are 2 main plugins; clean the connectors an replug them in. the power for your fuel system flows through the travel computor an maybe just opening the lid to the fuel jars it a little.?

·
Registered
692 Posts
... Howdy ... I Too Have An 85 Ltd ... I Know Its Hard To Tell But When The Bike Dies Does It Seem Like A Lack Of Fuel Or Maybe Electrical ??? This Has Got Me Stumped ... I Will Be Watching Reply Posts ... Happy Trails ...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it seems like it does not get fuel but i am not sure. i spoke with a mechanic that said that it sounds like the fuel pressure regulator or the vacuum lines that go to it. he believes this because when i unhook the filter it relieves the pressure and then it runs awhile. i will check it out this week and let you know

1 - 4 of 4 Posts