Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a post that someone was installing forward controls? Does that mean easier access to operate the toe heel shift and the brakes?
I am back to riding as of last Sept. I was working abroad for over 13 years and now back for good. Picked up an 06 VTX1300R and finally got my wing last Friday. Yay!!! I just don't remember having to bring my legs so far back. LOL Gettin' old I reckon.
A few other issues on the ole girl. 85,000 miles, seems to be fine. Yes, I need to post some pics this weekend

John Rooney Raleigh, NC

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
John, as far as I know there are no aftermarket kits for forward controls for a Wing. Likely due to the boxer layout of the engine adn the way the heads stick out from the bike structure. Nothing saying a one-off custome application couldn't be done, but it would require some serious ingenuity. It's been mentioned before, but I've not seen any results.

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
Basically all you can get for the GL1200 series are floorboards with heel/toe shifters.
If you can find a set of GL1500 highway boards or pegs that fit on the hooped case guards that would work. You may have to try JC Whitney, as they always seem to have items for older Wings.

·
Super Moderator
11,803 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts