Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. This is my first post so be gentle with me. This is my first wing. An 85 Aspencade I've owned for a little over a year now. Great bike, having a blast on it. My LCD speedo recently started acting up. Temp and fuel indicators are working fine but the speed readout is all over the place. Sometimes reading "0". Sometimes bouncing around from 0-180. Sometimes reading correctly. If any of you have experienced this and could save me the diagnostic time I would appreciate so advise.

Thanks

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
No worries Ajax01, that's why most of us are here in the first place. I'm no expert on the digital screens, but there's a few riders hereabouts that are very knowledgeable. There's also some websites that are helpful like Wingfacts, and Saunders Goldwing pages.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks budoka. I'll check out the web sites and look forward to hearing from those who have been "around the block" so to speak

·
Super Moderator
11,812 Posts
Sounds like the drive gear or the sensor has gone bad. Does it stay at zero when you are at a standstill?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Cantankerous

when it's acting up and I'm stopped at a signal the meter usually reads 0. I did stop the other day and the reading was still flickering between 0 and about 40 mph for a few seconds.

·
Registered
690 Posts
... HOWDY ... THE SENSOR UNIT IS LOCATED BOTTOM OF LEFT FORK ... WITH THE KEY ON TRY WIGGLING THE CABLE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE FORK AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS ... IF THE PROBLEM IS IN THE DISPLAY IT'S A REAL PAIN TO ACCESS THE BACK OF THE DISPLAY ... I KNOW THE WINDSHIELD LEFT MIRROR AND LEFT SIDE FAIRING HAS TO BE REMOVED AND NOT SURE WHAT ELSE HAS TO BE REMOVED TO GET TO IT ... THE P-OWNER HAD UNPLUGED MY SPEEDO AT THE DISPLAY AND FORGOT TO PLUG IT BACK IN SO I'M RIDING VIA GEAR AND RPM's ... CANTANKEROUS MENTIONED ABOUT THE DRIVE SENSOR AND THAT IS WHERE I WOULD START ... HAPPY TRAILS ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
1985 Aspencade 1200 Display LCD Problem

I have a 85 Aspencade with the digital LCD display. Sometimes it workes and sometime it doesnt. It will generally turn on in the first mile or so and stay on as long as I ride but once shut off it will not work again til the next day. I took it apart today and checked all the connections and they looked fine.

Any Ideas?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.