Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can find an ignition flowchart for dummies?

Do this test here: Power? Yes, then go to ... Power? No, then your problem is ...

·
Super Moderator
12,271 Posts
Do you have a shop manual?

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Clymers and the 85 Gold Wing Electrical Troubleshooting.

The trouble shooting has me totally confusedin that wire colors they designate at certain connectors do not exist at those connectors. Besides which it tends to belive that I have a lot more knowledge than I do. :)

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts

Do this test here: Power? Yes, then go to ... Power? No, then your problem is ...
Prof,

I don't know that your problem is electrical, but assuming it is for now the most knowledgeable person about things electrical here is Trike Lady. I'd PM (private message) Val for help, if she doesn't show up here shortly. In the meantime, whatever background you can provide can only help: model Wing and what led to it's current behavior is a start.

·
Super Moderator
12,271 Posts
What happens when you try to start the bike?
Is there no power at all when you turn on the ignition?
Does the starter not turn when you press the start button?
Does the engine turn over, but not fire?

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Yes, like my two esteemed colleagues mention, give us all the info you can. Include the best of what you can remember about how it all started.

·
Registered
280 Posts

How high does the hot section temp go to when you start the spool up? Have you cleaned the fuel nozzles lately? The Allison J33-A-35 needs the nozzles de-coked every 250 hours!!! If not you will need to start off the APU not the batteries and you are risking a flameout. Air restarts are a bitch ob the J33!!!

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Spool up, flame out,fuel nozzles, air starts, I know it's a wing but I had no idea.:Dang:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts