Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you are logged into this site and ride an 85 LTD how about checking in. The 85 LTD will be 25 years old very soon and considered a collectors Motorcycle. It will be interesting to see how many are still on the road being riden by owners on this site.I assume this has not been done before. Happy Holidays.

-Robert-

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just got an 85 LTD w/ 39k miles on it. Hoping to clean it up and restore to mostly stock and register as classic here in PA.

I'm a younger rider for a GW (39) and at first my riding buddies gave me a good ribbing over it but after seeing it they're not laughing now
And actually looking in to touring bikes themselves!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats. KD on the LTD and welcome to the GWOF Good info here and a good bunch to get to know. I take exception to Wings being called an older guys bike.The more I think about it age is'nt what its about at all so much as we the riders that have ridden all kinds of bikes through every kind of weather for years 10's of thousands of miles want comfort,reliabilty,bells and whistles, and a bike we can spend long days in the saddle without getting cramped up and burnt out.That has nothing to do with age it just makes good sense for long distance riding.

Most of us that have wings are serious long distance riders dedicated to our passion
of MC's. I'll take a wing any day over a crotch rocket when I set out on a cross country
trip, I need to pack some clothes,maybe my laptop,rainsuit,personal effects and the wing
accomadates all that plus I like a stereo,satellite radio,air ride,back rest and a decent seat.I was about 45 when I moved up to my first wing and I've never looked back.
My previous bikes just could'nt do what the wing does simple as that.

I rode my LTD today for a few hours through some twisties along a lake shore with the tunes blaring away ,its such an awesome bike to ride, every time I ride its an adventure.

I got my collectors plate last month and am proud to show her off to whoever is intersted,she still turns heads wherever I go,not bad for a 25 year old bike.
She suites me just fine :)

-Robert-

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi to you all, I got one of these over here in the uk, I have only heard of one other but havent seen any! Just got to sort the fuelling issues out but im getting there. Regards Mark

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome Mark. I'm always happy to talk about the 85 LTD. Is yours running? Its well worth the effort to get the glitches straightened out. I find my LTD has more power than my previous 83 Interstate,the EFI makes a difference.How many Kms. on yours?

-Robert-

·
Registered
35 Posts
if the rain will stop i will ride my 85 tomorrow. She is a good old bike and just love the way see looks and rides. What more could redneck biker from Kentucky ask for.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have one, but not riding it yet. I picked it up as the second owner with 65,000 miles, but it had set in storage for 5 years.
Engine runs great, but brakes and clutch not functioning. Will try rebuilding and flushing all the working parts first. Then I will do the timing belts, plugs and valve adjustments and finally replace the tires.
Hopefully, that will put it on the road. Loaded it on the trailer, hauled it home, unloaded and rode it into the garage. A bit tricky when the clutch won't fully disengage and the brakes stick, but I got it done. I read everything I can on these forums about the 85 LTD and will get it running one day.
The garage is not heated, so nice days to work, are also nice days to ride my '95. Maybe I just need a little discipline.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts