Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I was wondering if anyone could help me on a diagnostic problem. My bike overheats pretty easily and I have found that the fan is not kicking on! I hard wired the fan to find the problem and it works fine. Is there a sensor that turns the fan on? do you know where to find it? Currently I do not have a repair manual so I wanted to pick your brain.
Thank you

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
there is a thermo switch for the fan behind the right side lower fairing beside the radiator

·
Registered
65 Posts
jnjordan
the switch is about $90! I have the same issue on my bike, and a previous owner wired in a switch that turns on the fan relay. You just need to remember to turn it on in traffic, (easy), and to turn it off when you get moving, (aparently not so easy since
I will be on the freeway for 15 minutes before I remember it is on!). My solution is that I am going to weld a bung in the inlet to the water pump, right where the lower hose connects. I will then use a $15 GM switch that makes a connection to ground. (the honda switch makes a connection between two prongs on the switch, the GM between the one prong on the switch, and the switch body, ie ground). I will then have to make the relay work by grounding it, rather than work by +12v.
Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts