Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one had any experience with installing Harley road king exhausts on your gold wing? i`m told they sound good and will bolt right on,and are not expensive.

thanks Ron

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF kyace, i've seen roadking exhaust on some 1000 goldwings but not on a 1200 wing

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
You might try and contact some of the members on "naked goldwings" about the muffler mod; they try most anything with their bikes there. I'd be cautious about the $$ for any HD parts though after what I've been through with parts and accessories with The Motor Company in the past. Saddlebag latch locks were over $200 and all I needed was the lock barrels, key and one of the chrome cover plates:eek:

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
budoka those harley guys take the stock exhaust off to put some " proper pipes " on. i've seen road king mufflers for as little as $40 for the pair

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Probably if you can find some on e-bay or at a swap meet etc. When I put the HD bags on my Vulcan, I got them from a Lehman trike shop, but they were still pretty dear (although nowhere near what the HD shop was). That's where I had to get the latche & key set; so for $200 +tx I said no thanks and just left the bags unlocked all the time. The chrome piece had a scratch on it so I just lived with that too.:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
7,667 Posts
Because your bike is a CFI, it may not be as forgiving to exhaust mods as a GL-1800. A non-CFI Wing it may not affect performance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts