Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

While "helping" me with my new-to-me 85 Aspencade, my friend overdid it with solvent in the air box trying to start it off. After he put out the fire....when we took off the air intakes two of the four throttle valve ("sliders") diaphrams had holes burnt/dissolved in them (Thanks for the help, Buddy!)

I checked the BikeBandit site and they want $150 apiece for these suckers. Anybody know a cheaper quality supply source? This is an unexpected hit and I'm trying to control the damage. Otherwise carbs look quite good, except the needles needed cleaning.

Thanks for any help. I know I should replace all four, but the budget is not there.

Tatanka

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Trike Lady! The HondaPartsNation site offers what I need for over $20 apiece less than BikeBandit (Hmmm, perhaps their name is significant!)

Nice ride, by the way, Officer!

T

·
Super Moderator
12,264 Posts
Tatanka, PM sent.

·
Premium Member
24,641 Posts
Just no more open flames OK?

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The irony is that he intends to buy this bike from me after I ride it awhile after we finish going through it!

I would describe him as "sheepish" after his little fire accident, having owned and worked on Goldwings for over 20 years himself. Well, Stuff Happens, especially when friends with serious ADHD are involved! Doh!

Tatanka

1 - 7 of 7 Posts