Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I made it back to NC from VA, almost MD, without a challenge until ...
I pulled in my own driveway.

Two feet from where i intend to park her she went down. I ccould not get he back up so she lay on her side for about 10 hours.

With a friend's help I got her back up but now she won't start. Plenty of battery power and plenty of fuel avaialble, yet all she will do is turn over.

Any ideas/guidance would be helpful.

Dave H...
Professor

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Not sure about the 1200's but the 1500's had a bankangle sensor that if the bike went over it would shut off the engine. Maybe someone with 1200 experience will chime in here shortly and give you some advice.

In the meantime check out this video on how to pick up the wing. It's for a 1800 but the method is the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-8Er4FFEQ8I

·
Registered
70 Posts
I agree with Two Wheel Wing...watch that video. It is great. It helped me when I dropped mine. The GWRRA chapters here recommend it to all

·
Super Moderator
15,118 Posts
i think 1200 wings have a fuel cutoff relay

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I may just practice laying her down and then getting her back up.

The engine did shut off as soon as the bike went down.

I know it has a fuel cutoff valve but where would I check for a fuel cutoff relay and how can I reset it?

·
Premium Member
8,344 Posts
Professor,

Being the Simple Dimple I am, I would view the bike as a computer, disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and re-boot. If that doesn't do it then you'll need the input of Complex Dimples on this forum!

·
Super Moderator
11,952 Posts
Is the kill switch in the run position? It's very easy to hit when trying to upright a downed bike.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Cantankerous,

You should not be catankerous anymore for you win the prize! After praying, and cussing as well as trying a myriad of other things - yestreday evening I just happened to look over and observe that the kill switch was off.

After a minute or so of self pity/loathing - a wide assortment of explatives - I turned the switch, hit the start button and had a terrific evening ride. :)

Professor

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Another great job of diagnosis done by the GWOF... Glad your riding again...

·
Premium Member
17,037 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again, You gotta just love it when thing work out.
The kill switch on my 1500 in very sensitive, doesn't take much of a touch to shut her down.
Just in case you have some mean spirited friends, remember the Kill switch. Believe me it can be embarrassing:eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts