Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a new member and new to forums. I assume "Post a New Thread" is how you ask a question?? I purchased a '84 Aspencade with 48k last summer. The engine was noisey but the owner said it had sounded like that for years. Not knowing anything I bought it. It progressively got louder, Sounds like a kids rock tumbler. I just got it out 3 weeks ago as I did not want to ride it untill I changed the timing belts. That went well! but it's so much louder, I don't want to ride it for fear of doing more damage. With a stethoscope, the sound is deafening when put on stator! Has anybody ever had this problem? thanks! Dan

·
Registered
24 Posts
rock tumler gw

i have put 1500 miles on my 82 wing which had 6900, since i purchased it a couple months ago. motor was NOISY. i changed oil to Castroil MC Racing oil ,wet clutch compatible, i noticed a very dramatic improvment But, bike sat for a year so i figured gas had run in crankcase.
there is that rock tumbler noise also on an Idle. when i pull clutch in noise goes away. i figure i will pull motor this winter and replace throw out bearing and rebuild clutch. my 76 R/90
Beemer did the same thing. ii replaced wheel bearings yesterday rear wheel. "Pyramid parts" sent me wrong break pads or they would be new. m!*^%()%$ i will buy local cheep aint cheep when i got to do it twice.
LB

·
Super Moderator
11,803 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the forum. :)

Sounds like the bearings on the alternator shaft might be bad. I wouldn't run it until it's been checked out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds like you need to sync the carbs. I did that a few months ago and I couldn't beleive how quiet the engine was after that. Since then we have synced all the carbs on the old wing that I ride with.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome danny. Hope there isn't anything serious with your engine. I'd look around for a dependable m/c wrencher and let him have a listen just to be safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts