Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 84 gl1200 trike, can anyone tell me how to determine who built it or if honda built trikes in 84? I have a drive shaft issue, front slip joint is very sloppy, almost as if the shaft is too short.
Thanks, ken

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Welcome to the forum from another guy from the Keystone state. Honda never made a trike to the best of my knowledge. If you can post a pic maybe someone will recognize it and can help.

·
Super Moderator
7,668 Posts
Kenn,
Post a photo it has to be one of three that I can think of off hand: a) Motortrike, b)Lehman or c) Triwing.

·
Registered
9,627 Posts
A big hi from Boyertown, I will be no help with the trike but maybe the people at Blackmans may have an idea.

·
Super Moderator
7,668 Posts
Kenn, There is just something about the body style that suggests Lehman. Lehman has very unique bodies, some of which are now discontinued; at one time they had a body for the Harley Dresser called 'The Rogue' it opened from the top and not the front. Now there's the Crossbow trike that resembles the Vision, and the 'Pitboss' with the 'boat tail' body.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Kenn,

FWIW - I owned an 84 Interstate and loved it. My one and only. I at one time was interested in a Trike all my research suggested Honda never made one. Yours look very nice.

Green

1 - 9 of 9 Posts