Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody have or know where to get exhaust for a 84 interstate that is louder than stock? this is just too quiet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You can buy Jardines. They will set you back i think with shipping $400 from JC Whitney. I have a 84 with the same problem and I put together a custom exhaust. I bought 2 glass packs from JCW they cost me bout 40 dollars. Went down to my local muffler shop and the installed a real nice set up for me.The mufflers were 24 in long with a 3 1/2 round diameter.Each end had a 2 inch inlet and outlet. The sound is fabulous!! Just like a Porsche!!! The whole deal with shippin cost me $140.Make sure the mufflers go on at the end. Put 2 2 1/4" chrome turn downs that I got from OREILLYS AUTO Parts on the ends of the glasss packs. I painted all the stuff with high heat flat black paint. They mounted the glass packs under the saddel bags. They used the same mounting place for the pipes on the passenger pegs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Make sure the mufflers go on at the end. Put 2 2 1/4" chrome turn downs that I got from OREILLYS AUTO Parts on the ends of the glasss packs. I painted all the stuff with high heat flat black paint. They mounted the glass packs under the saddel bags. They used the same mounting place for the pipes on the passenger pegs.
I would love to see some pics of that. sounds right up my alley.

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
If either of you have a good, quiet system you want to sell please PM me. Mine both sound like dying Subarus!

:eek: :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts