Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wideeyed Thanks to those who responded to my post. After re checking stator on my 1200 it DID show that it had failed. My son in law miss read his meter. The stator I got from Electrosport was supposed to be American made, but it only lasted 50 miles. I am very bummed that I have to pull that engine.....again. If Electrosport hadn't warrantied the stator, I would have an alternator kit on the way today. Has anybody ever heard of a re placement stator failing so soon? I am going to try it one more time. I am not sure if ANY stator's are US built. Anyway, thanks to all who gave input. dw

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Yes, stators like all things involving electronics can last many years or a few minutes, depends on how there manufactured. When I had my Yamaha Venture I had to replace the stator, it lasted about 2 months and quit, replaced it again and never had another problem with it.
When you replaced your stator did you also replace the Rec/Reg assembly? If not, it's a good idea to do it also.

·
Super Moderator
12,286 Posts
I you didn't replace the regulator, it could be the problem. If you need one, let me know, as I have a new one I'll give you a deal on.

·
Super Moderator
7,614 Posts
There could be a small break in the windings of the stator that when it's cold it reads fine, but when it heats up the wire separate and the reading changes.
Always change the stator and reg/rec as a set and make sure you have a good battery.

·
Premium Member
24,530 Posts
Just like eveyrbody told you, but you wouldn't listen!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.