Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Chopin needs advice.84 Aspencade clutch....

I was at a customers house today and he had an 84 Aspencade in very good riding condition. We talked about Wings and his bike. It seems he believes his clutch is bad. 33,000 original miles and in beautiful shape. When you pull the clutch lever in you feel a small resistance but no clutch engagement ( I take his word for it, I did not start up the bike to try it myself ). My customer is not mechanically inclined and I don't know a 1200 from my a** and a hole in the ground. But......... I am more than willing to ride over there and check out some things. I just need some direction on where to start. To recap: 84 Aspencade, clutch lever activates, no clutch response ( according to the owner ), owner not mechanically inclined, myself, mechanically inclined but not experienced.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Chopin, you have mail on this:D

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm assuming he's checked the fluid level in the clutch master. I'd start with bleeding the clutch. If that doesn't help, check the diaphragm in the master cylinder.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm assuming he's checked the fluid level in the clutch master. I'd start with bleeding the clutch. If that doesn't help, check the diaphragm in the master cylinder.
olds: Assume nothing with this fellow. I get the feeling he doesn't even change his own oil. No manual, nada. He can't find any shop around here who even showed an interest in repairing it. " Hard to get parts for if needed, sir "; Sir, the cost of the possible repair would exceed the value of the bike! " So right now it sits with a battery tender on it and an occasional start up to keep the juices flowing. I'll have to get over there and take a closer peek.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts